It is clear from the pages of the Scripture that we believers have become the house (temple) of God. God does not dwell in physical buildings built with the hands of men (Acts 7:47). He resides in the heart of men by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit dwells in us; thus we have become the habitation of God.
Scriptures to back up the claim that we are God’s habitation (God’s House):
1. Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are (1 Corinthians 3:16-17).
2. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.” But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body (1 Corinthians 6:15-20).
3. Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, “I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
“Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE,” says the Lord. “AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you. “And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty (2 Corinthians 6:14-18).
4. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit (Ephesians 2:19-22).
5. You also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5).
The Holy Spirit is the like the seal God put on us instructing both us and the enemy that: “THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE”
No one can buy what the owner does not want to sell. God does not auction is children to the devil and his cohort for sale. Angels cannot sell God’s children. The only one that can sell this house is the child of God himself/herself.
The Holy Spirit is the seal of ownership God has put on us. Do not drive Him out or grief Him by indulging in sinful things. Do not grieve Him through disobedience. Your life will be in order so long as you let Him take His place in this house. Immediately you start living in disobedience to divine instructions, you are auctioning this house (your life) for sale. The devil and his cohorts are ready-buyers.
I declare today: This house is not for sale. It is not for sale to sin, sickness, self, satan and his subordinates because THIS HOUSE BELONGS TO GOD.
THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE. Don’t sell your life to the enemy by sinful habits. Let God be in charge.